Is this you?
At New York Beer Project, we’re not just looking for a manager. We’re looking for a truly unique individual. We feel this unique combination of gastropub, tap room, 5000 sq. ft. brewery, beer garden and private event space is a game changer in Western New York and we need a game changing person to serve as one of the head coaches for the team.
At NYBP, we are looking for a little something different than most of your chain establishments. While most chains have a stock training program or a training team in place, we are seeking a creative person who will work with our management team to continue to develop a unique and fun and educated staff of beer, food, and service experts. You're a teacher, trainer, mentor and coach.
Food service trends for 2016 show millenials and baby boomers favor local, independent restaurants over chains for the first time in decades. Trends also show consumers are now demanding locally sourced menu items, fresh and natural ingredients, authenticity, transparency community involvement and a truly unique experience, and New York Beer Project is hitting a home run with all of the above. We are looking for that unique individual that becomes the coach of a team that can be a huge winner, in the community and beyond.
We are seeking out someone who is creative, willing to step outside their comfort zone, thinks outside the box, shows genuine interested in people, and is truly dedicated to providing customers with a truly unique experience. You know what they need before they need it, you know their names and their kid's names, and they know you and that is why they come back.
Mediocrity isn't an option at NYBP in our food, beer, service family or leaders. This will also be a bustling establishment with many crazy fun events so the faint of heart need not apply.
Are you ready to get out of the corporate chain jungle and make your own rules and philosophies rather than follow a corporate guidebook? If you want to be a part of something that is continuing to be the talk of the Western New York then come join NYBP and let your journey begin.
- Minimum 1-2 years restaurant management experience; full service dining background, bar, kitchen, front of the house.Strong financial and management skills
- Strong financial and management skills
- High-energy, motivational and fun personality
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Open availability
- Provide knowledge, guidance and training to hourly employees
- Ensure that your team members provide the exceptional customer service daily
- Serve as an ambassador and face of New York Beer Project
- Set high standards for employees and consistently holding everyone to those standards
- Make guests feel welcome and important
- Address and resolving customer complaints quickly and with a smile
- Maximize profits by optimizing P&L and other financials
- Maintain inventory and managing food costs
- Handle difficult HR issues as they arise, including disciplinary action and terminations
- Grow guest counts through exceptional guest service, word of mouth advertising and local store marketing
- Ensure food quality and availability.
- Manage traffic flow of a high volume, fast paced, multi space venue.
As a manager of New York Beer Project, you will be part of an exciting, upbeat culture that is growing everyday. This position will allow you to immerse yourself in a unique environment that is hard to find elsewhere. We will provide you with complete training to familiarize you with our menu and our culture so that you are prepared to lead our NYBP family. We also reward your hard work and professional dedication with competitive compensation and benefits, including the following:
- Competitive base salary, negotiable with qualifications
- Full health coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Substantial bonuses based on performance
- An opportunity to be a leader in the fast growing "beer culture."
Email your resume/qualifications with the subject line "FOH Manager position" to firstname.lastname@example.org.